What is a Manufacturers' Representative?
A manufacturers’ representative is an indepentent sales expert who represents a company and sells its products. (Usually on a straight percentage fee.) HEXIS Representatives work with the top manufacturers, dealers and distributors in the machining and tooling industry. Thanks to a strong sense of integrity and putting our clients’ needs first, we have grown to be the largest independent manufacturers’ sales representative firms in the Midwest.
Why Should I Hire A Manufacturers’ Representative?
Oh, let us count the ways!
- It’s Cost Effective. The expertise and access you’ll gain to your local, regional, or national market isn’t something most manufacturers can manage in-house. That expertise in itself is worth the outsource.
- Minimal Training. Our sales reps know the industry, connections, and processes. You’ll have to tell them about your products, but they’re excellent students and you can rest assured they are putting your products in the best light.
- Chain Reaction Sales. Manufacturers’ Reps are already out selling to your customers. While they’re out in the field, one sale might trigger sales of complementary products.
- Instant Network Access. Our reps already have a network of your potential customers that have their trust. If our reps recommend your product, our customers trust that recommendation. Your foot is already in the door. No need to hassle with gatekeepers, we already know who the decision makers and buyers are. The sale is pretty much already made.
- Your Source on the Inside. We’re the first to hear about the latest trends and we get feedback (the good and the bad) directly from the customer.
We do it all - customer care, product demonstrations and training, promotions, trend watching and more! And at the end of the day, we aren’t making money if you’re not making money. So we have built in motivation, too.
How Do I Find a Manufacturer’s Rep?
The Internet is a great place to start (it brought you here!), but talking with people is also a great idea. Talk to existing customers and distributors - they’ll have referrals. Talk to new customers about reps in other territories. You can even find Rep Trade Associations online to get a feel for what’s out there. Since you’re already here, send us an email, give us a call, or head over to our Testimonials page. We’re happy to answer any of your questions!